It would be nice if I could just blow the flags out perfectly. The wind came and went and the light was beginning to fail. Close enough. An American flag for Memorial Day, and though you can’t make out what it is, a red Marine Corps flag to give it context. This is the same house that provided Christmas and Springtime front gates, and will soon provide Summertime. It is also the house over which I took In the Sky Without Me, a stupendous cloud floating by itself in the sky as I walked home. At least I found it stupendous. They are wonderful people who have been here less than a year, but are putting their minds to figuring out the weather, which is unique, and the community itself. They have two dogs and take them on long exploratry walks. A few weeks ago I was eating a tostada at Taco de Mexico, something I don’t usually do. I was feeling very quiet and anonimous. Suddenly someone pounded on the window. The customers looked and then looked away. I knew exactly who it was even with the sun directly in my eyes — the only two people I know who would pound on a window to say hello. This is, after all, their community now. Happy Memorial Day.