The interesting thing about this photograph to me is that none of the ingredients belong together. They come from different parts of the world. Which parts exactly I don't know. The green leaves are pumpkins in the making. As I type this, the leaves are dead and nothing but a curled mass among vines and pumpkins. It didn’t last that long. But it was bright and beautiful while it lasted. The yellow bumps at the ends of flowers turned out to be orange pumpkins, which I recognize. They have a season and leave enormous fruit. They also have a name that I easily remember. The others are foreign, both in name and origin. To give them names I would have to make them up which, of course, someone has already done. But it is not the names or points of origin that strike me, it is the color and the shapes. They fit together, strangely, in an instant of time. Like people in a crowd forming a vast humanity. Ever changing. Always the same. Different people on different days. The picture warms my heart, but my thoughts seem vastly complicated. Should we make everything the same, or should we allow the differences to blend together in unforeseen ways? I feel completely incapable of creating this on my own.