I’ve passed this plant time and time again this past year and it’s always been in bloom. Such bright, beautiful upraised blooms. But everything else seems to have come and gone, bloomed and died away. So it occurs to me that this may be a perpetually blooming plant. How could I know from just looking at it now and then. I’m sure that such things exist. But, do they? Is it possible it simply has a very long blooming cycle? Or that it’s temperature sensitive and thinks it’s blooming season because the weather here and the temperature are so consistently the same? The ocean tends to moderate all weather change. Fog chills the summer and clear winter afternoons warm things to foggy temperatures. Maybe the plants are, at least this plant is confused or perplexed. It’s never ragingly in bloom, but rather vaguely in bloom. At least that’s my theory. The more I think about it the more I feel that the memory of it being in bloom is all I have. I remember it as being in bloom, whereas the blooms have come and gone and I remember nothing of the plant unless or until it is in bloom. In other words, I’ve come to believe that I remember it as always being in bloom because when it is in bloom it etches itself into my mind and memory and is therefore always in bloom. And then I wonder if that makes sense. Do I remember this plant or not? Because when I look, as I did today, it looks bright and happy and seems like it must be perpetually in bloom.