When I saw these flowers I was struck by the predominance of yellow. If you’ve read any of these posts, you know I am not a botanist. So I am not going to explain this coloration. But I will say that it seems unhealthy, as if some mineral is missing in the soil. And yet, when I look at the proliferation of healthy blooms I’m convinced that there is nothing unhealthy about these plants. I don’t normally quote the Bible, but a verse popped into my head as I looked at this photo. The verse, which I just Googled, is from Matthew 7:15-20. “You will know them by their fruits.” It’s actually a passage telling us how to distinguish false prophets from true prophets. Something we might all consider improving at. Here’s the whole passage from the New King James Version:
15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
The fruits or blooms of this apparently unhealthy growth appear without question to be yellow or yellowish, but very healthy nonetheless. Leading me to believe that the only “false” thing about them was my initial assessment.