This picture, taken in late afternoon, with just a piece of Morro Rock on the upper right, gives the impression that this hedge has two different blooms. In reality, two different hedges coexist. I would say peacefully, but they seem to be in vigorous competition. One hedge runs the entire northern side of St. Timothy’s church, until without rhyme or reason the last plant is almost the same, but different. I think of it as an accident, but a very interesting one. I’m looking over the fence on the northeastern corner. The church is directly behind the hedge, and were I to stand a bit higher, Morro Rock would be much more prominent. I thought I blocked it out, but there it is. It’s not often that you find such vigorous competition. Had they alternated these the length of the wall, I would say how clever. But this may have been nothing more than an accident.