I walked counter clockwise around St. Timothy’s today. Yesterday I posted a view from the northeastern corner. This is from a strip of garden next to the sidewalk on the west side just past the entrance. There must be a hundred of these that popped up out of nowhere. It made me think that I should be less predictable in my path. Flowers happen with suddenness. If you’re not there when they happen, the chances become increasingly good that you will miss them. Sometimes I see dead flowers and wonder what they were. It seems a shame. And sometimes I decide that tomorrow will be soon enough. But tomorrow, as it turns out, is frequently too late. With all the photographs I've taken this year, I have captured only a small percentage of the flowers crying out for attention. Of course, they weren’t crying out to me, exactly. They were crying out to insects. I think of myself as much more important than insects, but in fact, I am only at best a passerby. How fortunate we are that flowers bloom in places where we are able to see them.