I don’t remember taking this picture. I think I was just checking to make sure the camera was on and accidentally pushed the button, or touched the screen where the representation of a button was. Anyway, when I went through the photos for the past few days I caught this mysterious shadow on the ground. Actually, it’s no mystery, it’s just my own shadow as I hide the screen from direct sunlight. But it seems mysterious, at least unexpected. And the composition is interesting. The walkway bending to the right, I understand, but what is the thing that looks like glass to the right? And what, I wonder, was I about to photograph? This is the type of semiabstract that could possibly make a beautiful painting. The things unexplained would not cause the same consternation. They would simply be design elements, with subtle daubs of color. The shadow, of course, would have to be changed. Perhaps made thinner, or perhaps converted into more shadowy leaves. It’s not always purposeful things that gain our attention. Sometimes it’s the things we didn’t plan and can’t quite explain that stop us in our tracks and make us wonder.