This bloom with its insects I saw from almost half a block away. Of course I did not see the insects. It’s in a vacant block across from the library parking lot and next to the city building. It was planted, I think, by the Guerrilla Gardeners, a group that beautifies vacant spaces. It’s possible, even likely, that it belongs to the city so they have room to expand when the time comes. Shortly after I moved here a group of homeless people set up a BBQ in the back corner. Then some chairs. Then a tent. Then it was beer and BBQ time with boisterous conversation. Until the police stepped in. Having a group camped out next to the entrance to the city building wasn’t the image they were seeking to present. So now there is nothing but plants and dirt, and tonight this one bright yellow flower. In the grand scheme of things, perhaps beauty wins out, though I never expected it to.