A myriad of tiny flowers that makes this bush look blue at a distance. This is just beneath my bedroom window. I look beyond it to see what’s going on in the world. There is so much of it, and the leaves and flowers so small that the camera has trouble focusing. I’m told that the new camera on my next iPhone will be a big step forward. The camera on this phone I’ve used only for a small percentage of its usable life, thinking that cell phone cameras were just for selfies. I don’t think that in the hundreds of photos I’ve taken in the past few months there is a single selfie, which is just as well. I am no contest for flowers. My old face and sluggish features are adequate for going from flower to flower, but not as a subject in themselves. When I raise the angle of my view I see Morro Rock and waves crashing on the breakwater. On a clear day, which is unusual, I see blue sky seeping into infinity. And here and there I see flowers I should get close to and photograph. But first these marvelous blue ones on a bush with minuscule leaves.