I wrote yesterday's post some time ago and filed it away in To Be Posted. It seems like at one point I saw everything for the first time, before things ceased to exist or before they became so plentiful that they almost ceased to exist. This flower turned out to be almost as common as poppies. Difficult to see because they are everywhere. Striking blooms by the thousands from ordinary succulents. When the flowers are gone, the plants become almost nothing. So I thought I should squeeze this post in. There was precisely one flower in the beginning. I found another near my bedroom window. Now there are fields of them. And it's hard to remember how spectacular the first one was. Like a first kiss, a first love, a first taking of breath. We look around and they are everywhere, but the first was the first and continues to be the first as long as we remember.