I’ve gone through the blog a few times and have detect a trend which is accidental, I think. The trend is beautiful weeks of bright, happy flowers and less beautiful weeks. Positive and not so positive weeks. I post the pictures more or less in the order they are produced, but leave spaces to fill in with other, newer posts. So, chronological order is hit or miss. But life isn’t all happy, beautiful. Sometimes it requires squinting to see the truth. And sometimes the truth isn’t beautiful, just true. And every so often, a bunch of those get packed together, and it seems I’ve grown negative.


I’ve skipped taking pictures of damaged poppies. They don’t last forever, and sometimes the wind blows their petals off. Sometimes they grow out onto sidewalks and get crushed. And sometimes they get old and die. I suppose I don’t find that very interesting. But in-between budding and these extremes, and especially at this time of year, poppies are everywhere. They tell the same story over and over again, at least stories of the same sort.


Here the story seems to be weeds with an orange accent, or weeds taking over.


And here the story would seem to be “Goodnight sweet prince,” or princess. Sleep tight. I wonder if that expression comes from flowers closed up tight for the night?