I used to think that the fire department installed fire plugs. I never had any reason to doubt that. But when I started to type something about this plug, it sounded wrong. The fire department doesn’t have a bureaucracy or the equipment to accomplish that task. They obviously use the plugs, but that would seem to be the end of their involvement, unless they recommend where the plugs should go, and test them to make sure they're working. It seems more correct to think that the city or the county has that job. They have people to map out water pipes and equipment and people to install them. So the fresh coat of paint on this plug that got my attention would probably be courtesy of the city more so than the fire department. I really like the fire department here and was just about to compliment them on it. I guess I could call and ask, but this armchair scrutiny has more to do with probability than actuality. If I’m good with it, the problem is solved. But it's a good looking plug, don’t you think?