Almost like frost on the ground. This beautiful plant has small, puffy leaves (?) that catch the light and produce a wonderful spectacle. Yes, I have just looked it up. They are leaves. But in the corner of the garden outside my door is the same plant about seven feet tall. It’s hard to tell, but it could be somewhere between forty or fifty years old. This is not a recent building. It’s not like eucalyptus trees that you just cut back severely and then wait for a year or so watching them return. This plant looks at you with death in its eyes. You find yourself stepping back and working around it. It’s just as pretty at seven feet as it is here creeping along the ground, but significantly more imposing. I’m sure it has a name or names. If I got to the nursery more often I suppose I could just ask. In fact, if you’ll remind me next time, I’ll do that.