We all tend to get pale this time of year. The sun gave up working overtime months ago. So, a sign in the parking lot caught my attention this afternoon.
Unlimited Tanning
S P E C I A L
$20.00
It seemed too good to be true. The sandwich I was eating while I read the sign cost almost half that. A thought ran through my head. Maybe they're one of those fly by night operations that hope you'll be so disgusted by the place after your first visit that you never come back. I walked a bit closer to read the small print. At the very bottom it said: per month. Wasn't unlimited and per month somewhat contra­dictory? Then the sandwich kicked in and my blood sugar got back to normal. The special was $20.00 per month. The name of the business is Unlimited Tanning.

On further reflection, maybe I should open a business called Free Sandwiches.